top of page
Flood Insurance Quotes NJ


Flood Insurance

Protecting your most valuable assets is our number one priority. We can compare flood insurance quotes from multiple flood insurance providers to make sure you get the best flood Insurance rates available. While also getting you the right insurance coverage. 

We have the ability to shop through the government backed National Flood Insurance Program or through private insurance companies, to ensure all of your options are presented. 

According to the NFIP; ,

"In the event of a flood, your National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) policy covers direct physical losses to your structure and belongings.


Just one inch of flood water can cause more than $25,000 in damage to your home. But most homeowners and renters insurance does not cover flooding. Only insurance helps you protect your home and savings."


What does Flood Insurance Cover? 

     Purchasing flood insurance will help protect the things you value. The NFIP offers two types of coverage – building coverage and contents coverage – to protect your home and belongings. Here are examples of what’s covered with NFIP flood insurance:

  • Electrical and plumbing systems

  • Furnaces and water heaters

  • Refrigerators, cooking stoves, and built-in appliances like dishwashers

  • Permanently installed carpeting

  • Permanently installed cabinets, paneling, and bookcases

  • Window blinds

  • Foundation walls, anchorage systems, and staircases.

  • Detached garages

  • Fuel tanks, well water tanks and pumps, and solar energy equipment

How are Flood Insurance Prices determined/ calculated ? 


  • ​ Location of property on FEMA Flood Map 

  • The type of coverage being purchased such as the  building and contents coverage.

  • Deductible being chosen and the amount of building and contents coverage.

  • The age of the structure and design, also plays a role here. 


Can I get different rates from different Flood Insurance providers? 

  • Yes, of course. Hence, the benefit of working with an Insurance broker, like us. 

  • The rates vary significantly even on the same location. Sometimes even thousands of dollars. 

  • Ask about NFIP, FEMA, and Private Flood Insurance options. When getting an Insurance Quote for your home! 


AMH Insurance Brokerage can get you the best flood Insurance rates and coverage in New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania and Florida. Simply, by utilizing our experience and relationships with multiple vendors in this space.

Who needs flood insurance in NJ, NY, PA?

Typically Homeowners with mortgages from federally regulated lenders are required to purchase flood insurance. 

Also note, that even when you do not have a mortgage, but your dwelling/ home is located in a flood zone. It is highly recommended to have Flood insurance coverage. 

Flood Insurance 

Contact us for a Free Quote!

Thanks for submitting!

Flood Zones and what they mean: 
AE Flood zone

AE flood zones are areas that present a 1% annual chance of flooding and a 26% chance over the life of a 30-year mortgage, according to FEMA. These regions are clearly defined in Flood Insurance Rate Maps and are paired with detailed information about base flood elevations. Most AE flood zones are located in close proximity to floodplains, rivers and lakes, though low-lying regions without large bodies of water may also be classified under this designation. Since these areas are prone to flooding, homeowners with mortgages from federally regulated lenders are required to purchase flood insurance through the NFIP. The AE Zone is seen in multiple areas in New Jersey, it is essential to be properly covered with proper insurance coverage. 

Flood Zones:

Flood Zones are the land area that could be covered by the floodwaters. The Federal Emergency Management Agency has placed more than 20,000 communities in the United States into a category of flood zones.

Zone A or V=  High Risk Flood Zones


In high-risk areas, there is at least a 1 in 4 chance of flooding during a 30-year mortgage. All homes in these areas with mortgages from federally regulated or insured lenders are required to buy flood insurance. They are shown on the flood maps as zones labeled with the letters A or V.

Zone B, C or X = Moderate to Low Risk Flood Zones 

In moderate-to-low risk areas, the risk of being flooded is reduced but not completely removed. These areas submit over 20% of NFIP claims and receive one-third of disaster assistance for flooding. Flood insurance isn’t federally required in moderate-to-low areas, but it is recommended for all property owners and renters. They are shown on flood maps as zones labeled with the letters B, C or X (or a shaded X).


Zone D= Undetermined Flood Zones

No flood-hazard analysis has been conducted in these areas, but a flood risk still exists. Flood insurance rates reflect the uncertainty of the flood risk. These areas are labeled with the letter D on the flood maps.


bottom of page